First, we want to thank you for your patience and flexibility. Your prayers and encouragement have been awesome! As our current situation develops, we are praying, discussing, and listening while we make decisions on how best to be the church. This situation changes fast and we will continue to be in dialog as the situation evolves.
As of now, we will be holding services as normal this weekend. According to the Iowa Department of Public Health, “there is currently no known community spread of COVID-19 in Iowa and IDPH is not making any recommendations to cancel planned events and mass gatherings at this time.” We encourage online worship for those who are sick and for vulnerable people (older adults, and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease) who don’t feel comfortable being part of a large assembly during this coronavirus season. You can livestream the service each Sunday at 10:30 am at ridgelife.org/online.
We will be taking added precautions, in addition to the ones we already shared in our message earlier this week.
- Offering – We will not pass offering baskets during worship. Offering will be received online, via text by texting “RIDGELIFE” to 77977, or if you are at worship in person, by placing your offering in the boxes at the back of the Worship Center.
- Prayer – There will be prayer cards under the cross for people to place their prayer requests, someone from the prayer team will follow-up with you. You can also request prayer any time online.
- Greeting – Instead of a hug or handshake, our welcome team will greet you with a warm smile, a kind word, or a wave.
Here’s how you can help:
- If you or your children are not feeling well or experience any cold-like symptoms, please stay home. Children with any cold-like symptoms will not be able to attend the nursery. RidgeKids is off this week for Spring Break.
- We know many of you are traveling for Spring Break, if you or a family member travel to a high-alert area (CDC travel), we urge you to consider refraining from attending church events, classes, and services until the 14-day time-frame has been followed.
- Follow us on social media to stay up to date with current communications and conversations. We also have created a portal on our website to find out Ridge specific information over for the coming weeks (ridgelife.org).
- Many people among us are hurting and our care team is preparing to specifically assist those who are affected directly by the coronavirus. If you want to be a part of this effort, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, in His Word God says, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.” (Isaiah 41:10). If you are having a hard time trusting in His promise, ask for prayer. We have a team in place to pray and care for you. Another thing you can do is fill your home, car, and/or workplace with praise. Worship Leader Allen Kincaid has a set up a Ridge Worship playlist on Spotify to help with this.
Your Ridge Staff