1. What is your job at The Ridge? Alpha Director
2. Favorite thing about your job? Watching lives be transformed
3. Least favorite thing about your job? Pretty hard to think of anything I don’t like about it
4. Tell us about your relationship with God. I love my time with God, especially the early morning hours and time I spend sitting at the keyboard worshiping and praying. It’s my daily manna.
5. What brought you to The Ridge? Our family helped plant the Ridge in 1998
6. Favorite Ridge memory. My favorite memory is the early days when we used to hold our Good Friday services outdoors at one of our members’ acreage and a variety of other places. Those services still stick in my mind.
7. Tell us about your family. My husband Chuck is a home inspector; our daughter Nicole and her husband live in the Philippines where she is an international school teacher and he is a scuba instructor; and our son Chris and his wife and two boys live in Waukee. He is an estimator for Halbrook Excavating and also helps Chuck with some inspections.
8. Favorite Bible Philippians 4:6-8 NLT “Don’t worry about anything; but pray about everything. Tell God what you need and give him thanks for everything he’s done. When you do this you will experience peace far beyond what the human mind can comprehend. Finally brothers, think about things that are true and noble and right and pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
9. Favorite Quote “You will always reap what you sow”.
10. Favorite spot in your house. my piano room
11. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be? Take a trip to the Philippians to see my daughter, but get there in jet speed instead of 34 hours
12. Who is your favorite author? Francis Chan
13. What is your favorite book? Radical by David Platte
14. What was your favorite activity in gym class? jump rope
Would you rather…
1. Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Paperback
2. Go to a play or musical? A musical
3. Go to the theater or a movie? The theater
4. Crash with friends or stay in a hotel? with friends
5. Visit Europe or Mexico? EUROPE
6. Travel by plane, train, or automobile? AUTOMOBILE
7. Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? houseboat
8. Have a night out or evening in? night out
9. Watch TV or read a book? read a book
10. Go canoeing or waterskiing? canoeing
11. Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? RV for sure!