I grew up in a small central Iowa town. I then attended the University of Northern Iowa (Go Panthers!!). While in college I worked for 3 years at a group home helping individuals with special needs. After graduating from college I began a career in Human Resources at Goodwill Industries of NE IA. In 2007 I married my husband, Matt, at Orchard Hill Church in Cedar Falls, where we met. Matt’s career at John Deere led us to the Quad Cities and then to the Des Moines area.
Matt and I began attending the Ridge in 2008. We got connected with an amazing couples’ small group in the fall of that year and have been getting connected ever since! Matt plays guitar in the worship band and helps with JUMP and leads a men’s Friday morning study. In the past, I have volunteered in the café and have worked in the nursery as a Coordinator, along with helping with JUMP. We have 3 children, Lola (8), Haddie (6) and Miles (4).
We love our Ridge family and feel blessed with the lasting relationships we have made. All of our children have attended Preschool @ the Ridge. I am looking forward to helping kids with special needs connect with God and have a place at The Ridge!
1. What is your job at The Ridge? Director of SPARK (Special Program Assisting Ridge Kids)
2. Favorite thing about your job? Opportunity to help and connect others.
3. Least favorite thing about your job? Not sure yet!
4. What brought you to The Ridge? We loved the music and Pastor Mike’s messages
5. Tell us about your family. Married to Matt for 11 years and 3 great kids, Lola, Haddie and Miles
6. Favorite Bible Verse 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 ”For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
7. Favorite Spot to connect with God Cruising in my minivan listening to Christian music
8. Who is your favorite author? Currently, Heidi St. John
9. What was your favorite activity in gym class? Does talking count?
10. What does your perfect day look like? Starbucks, shopping and relaxation!Would you rather…
1. Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Paperback
2. Go to a play or musical? More of a concert gal!
3. Go to the theater or a movie? Movie
4. Hike or bike? Bike
5. Wear jeans or chinos? Yoga pants!
6. Crash with friends or stay in a hotel? Friends
7. Visit Europe or Mexico? Europe
8. Travel by plane, train, or automobile? Automobile
9. Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? Speed boat
10. Go climbing or zip lining? Yikes! Both scare me!