1. What is your job at The Ridge? Director of Preschool @ The Ridge
2. Favorite thing about your job? Getting to know families and of course the hugs! Working at the Ridge is the best job I’ve ever had!
3. Least favorite thing about your job? Paperwork
4. Tell us about your relationship with God. I was raised at Meredith Drive Reformed church. I praise God for blessing me with Christian role models. My faith journey has had many ups and downs along the way, but my faith continues to sustain me through many hard times.
5. What are you studying now? Ephesians
6. What brought you to The Ridge? After moving back from Minneapolis, Jamie and I were looking for a church. My mom told me about the start up of Prairie Ridge. I grew up at Meredith Drive with Pastor Mike, Doug Applegate and many other familiar faces. We came to the very 1st service and have been around ever since.
7. Favorite Ridge memory. Too many to name and most involve the Junkyard, but one involves a sketchy toboggan run onto a frozen pond.
8. Tell us about your family. My husband Jamie and I have lived in Ankeny for 16 years. Our son Sage is a sophomore at Ankeny Centennial High School. Our daughter Sydney passed away at age 19 in 2014.
9. Favorite Bible Verse Proverbs 3: 5-6 and 1 Cor. 9:24
10. Favorite Quote All The Time God Is Good – I found this saying on a fence in Haiti, one of the poorest places in the world. It struck me profoundly and has been something our family has come back to cherish through Jamie’s leukemia and the sudden passing of our daughter Sydney.
11. Favorite Spot to connect with God Outdoors
12.Favorite spot in your house. I love my sunroom, but you can usually find my on the couch with my boys J
13.If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be? In my kayak on the river.
14. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Finding a way to bless others through things I love. The outdoors, being creative, and eating!
18. What was your favorite activity in gym class? I don’t know about gym class, but I loved running hurdles in junior high & high school!
19.What does your perfect day look like? Being with people I love.
20. How would your friends describe you? Hmmm….hopefully caring and creative.
Would you rather…
1. Read on a Kindle or paperback book? Paperback
2. Go to a play or musical? Musical
3. Go to the theater or a movie? Theater
4. Hike or bike? Hike
5. Wear jeans or chinos? Jeans
6. Crash with friends or stay in a hotel? Crash with friends
7. Visit Europe or Mexico? I’m not a huge traveler, but Jamie and I just celebrated our 25thanniversary in Mexico. Other than traveling in the U.S, the only other place I’ve been is to Haiti on a mission trip.
8. Travel by plane, train, or automobile? Automobile – I love to be on my own time schedule.
9. Enjoy a houseboat or speed boat? Houseboat
10. Go climbing or zip lining? Never been, but zip lining is on my list to try!
11. Have a night out or evening in? It depends on the mood, but with a busy schedule I love a night in!
12.Watch TV or read a book? TV
13.Go canoeing or waterskiing? Love my kayaks!
14.Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? tent
15. Use Facebook or Twitter? FB
16.Swim in a pool or the ocean? Ocean
17. Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?
18.Watch sports or play sports? Our family can often be found in Ames watching Iowa State football & basketball.
19.Play dodgeball or kickball?
20. Get up early or stay up late? Stay up late